Natural heritage of the Marais du Vigueirat
At the junction of two remarkable ecosystems that are the Rhône delta and the stony desert-like Crau, the Vigueirat Marshes is a mosaic of natural wetlands characteristic of the Camargue.
Preserve natural site of 1200 hectares, there are more than 2 000 plant and animal species, and it is necessary to protect them throughout the year.
A management plan developed from the assessment of the natural heritage of the site, to determine the main management goal of the Vigueirat Marshes.
GOAL 1 : Respect for the site and of its ecological balance with :
- to maintain the site’s natural habitats,
- habitats conservation,
- increasing and maintaining biodiversity.
Orientation 2 :The integration of human activities :
- the daily management of the site,
- the public opening,
- encourage the implementation of research programmes on the functioning of wetlands and their management,
- to manage and develop our economic entreprises on-site and to develop good relationships with the local area.